Summer is here, which means there’s motorcycle events left and right, and one of the summer’s biggest is AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, where experts will be offering 13 different free seminars across a variety of topics.
PICKERINGTON, Ohio — Experts from the motorcycling community will be offering 13 free seminars to participants at the 2018 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, July 6-8.
This year, the seminars will be in the comfortable shade of an event tent in the Old Bike Barn Crossroads in the infield area of the facility. Topics include adventure riding, community garages, autonomous vehicles, Himalayan tours, traveling Pakistan, motorcycle maintenance and land speed records.
A highlight will be three presentations by Jack O’Connor, owner of the Pine Barrens Adventure Camp Riding School. He will help prepare riders for safely navigating through challenging off-road routes.The New Jersey-based school offers training for beginners and experienced riders.
At AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, Pine Barrens will have live demonstrations outside the seminar tent. And instructors will cover GPS use and motorcycle ergonomics.
“We are very fortunate to have the folks from Pine Barrens Adventure Camp Riding School on site in an area where they can demonstrate the techniques they are talking about,” said AMA Chief Operations Officer Jeff Massey. “And all the other seminars sound exciting, as well. I hope everyone attending AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days has a chance to attend one of these presentations.”
Other speakers and seminars feature:
- Carl Parker, publisher of ADVMoto: Everybody’s ADV
- Brian Schaffran, Skidmark Garage owner: Saving the World: Community Garages
- Bear Haughton, owner of Old Bike Barn: Himalayan Heroes USA
- Mike Sayre, AMA government relations manager: Autonomous Vehicles: Will They Look Twice?
- A Women’s Traveling Panel (Liza Miller, Stephanie Yue, Tiffany Camhi, Anita Munneke): Breaking Barriers and a Moto Adventure through Pakistan
- Wendy Crockett, owner of The Cyclesmiths: …read more