By Gerry Cote
Saddle Up For The Ride Of Your Life
Spyder owners are very passionate about their ride. They love the feeling of confidence and freedom they have when touring on the open road. They feel safe and most of all, they feel like they are part of something bigger, something more significant – a family.
I was given the opportunity by Bow Cycles in Calgary to try out this very cool machine for a couple of days. I would like to thank Dave and Rachel for this awesome opportunity.
- Rotax 1300 ACE in-line 3 cylinders, liquid-cooled with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control
- 115 hp (85.8 kW) at 7250 rpm
- 6-speed manual transmission w/reverse or 6-speed semi-automatic w/reverse
- Double A-arm with anti-roll-bar front suspension w/ Fox podium shocks
- Swing arm rear suspension with SACHS Shock
- Foot operated, hydraulic 3-wheel brake
- 270mm disc front brake w/Brembo 4 piston fixed calipers
- 270mm disc rear brake w/1 piston floating caliper with integrated parking brake
- Stability Control System
- Traction Control System
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Dynamic Power Steering
- Digitally Encoded Security System
- Electronic Cruise Control
- Dry weight of 899 lbs. (408 Kg)
- 27L (7.1 gal) Fuel tank capacity
- 4.5L(1.2 gal) Reserve fuel
- Starting at CAD$ 25,799
My first impression of the 2018 F3-S Spyder was how different from any other motorcycle this machine is. I was drawn in by the aggressive stance and the matte black color of the paint. The seat looked comfortable and I immediately felt like getting on.
After a quick introduction to the features, My colleague Jim Pruner and I took a moment to go around the machine and discuss the stance, the belt drive, the tires, the size of the footpegs and more.
Once it was started, I listened to the ROTAX 1300 ACE engine bring life into this somewhat strange yet inviting machine. The sound of the exhaust note was very nice at idle and I was wondering how it …read more
Source:: 2018 CAN-AM F3-S Spyder Review