The 2021 Yamaha YZ65 is the Perfect MotoCross Starter
The 2021 YZ65 is where off-road competition begins for Yamaha Motorcycles. Powered by a 2-stroke, air cooled single cylinder, the bike is designed from the ground up to meet Junior Motocross 65cc class regulations, and is intended for junior riders between 7 and 11.
Originally designed for Japanese motocross and some European competition, the YZ65 went global in the mid-2000s after other manufacturers showed that there was a viable junior market. Along with others in the 2021 lineup, the YZ65 has fully adjustable competition forks in the front with 8.5 inches of travel, and a fully adjustable competition monocross suspension in the rear with 10.6 inches of travel.
Braking is through a 198mm wave disc up front, clamped by a 2-piston competition caliper, and a 190mm wave disc out back with a single-piston competition caliper. The front wheel is 14 inches in diameter, with the rear at 12 inches. Ground clearance is generous at 10.4 inches (265 mm).
The 2021 Yamaha YZ65 starts at $4,599 USD / $5,599 CAD.
On this page: we’ve curated specs, features, news, photos/videos, etc. so you can read up on the new 2021 Yamaha YZ65 in one place.
- Price: $4,599 USD / $5,599 CAD
- Key Features:
- Competition spec suspension and brakes
- Designed to be 100% compliant with Junior 65cc motocross regulations
- Steel double cradle frame with aluminum subframe keeps weight down while being extremely resilient
- Engine Type: 65cc single 2-stroke
- Horsepower: Not provided by manufacturer
- Torque: Not provided by manufacturer
- Wet Weight: 134.5 lbs (61 kg)
- Seat Height: 29.7 inches (755 mm)
- Kawasaki KX65
- KTM 65 SX 2-stroke
- Husqvarna TC 65
2021 Yamaha YZ65 Specifications
|Engine||65cc single 2-stroke|
|Power||Not provided by …read more
Source:: 2021 Yamaha YZ65 [Model Overview]