MotoCross Perfection For The Junior Classes
The YZ85 is the next step up in Junior Motocross competition gear from Yamaha’s 2021 lineup. Powered by an 85cc 2-stroke, air cooled single cylinder, the bike is designed for the advanced junior rider between the ages 10 and 13 for the 85cc junior class.
Japanese sensibilities in terms of competition come through much more in the YZ85 than the YZ65. Like its smaller brother, the YZ85 has fully adjustable competition forks in the front and a monocross shock in the back (both KYB suspension parts), but with 10.8 inches for front travel and 11.1 inches for rear travel.
Yamaha’s braking design consists of a 220mm disc up front, clamped by a 2-piston competition caliper, and a 190mm disc out back with a single-piston competition caliper. The front wheel is 17 inches in diameter, with the rear at 14 inches. Ground clearance is at a hefty 13 inches (330 mm).
The 2021 Yamaha YZ85 starts at $4,699 USD / $6,099 CAD.
On this page: we’ve curated specs, features, news, photos/videos, etc. so you can read up on the new 2021 Yamaha YZ85 in one place.
- Price: $4,699 USD / $6,099 CAD
- Key Features:
- Competition spec suspension and brakes
- Designed to be 100% compliant with Junior 85cc motocross regulations
- Steel double cradle frame with aluminum subframe keeps weight down while being extremely resilient
- Engine Type: 85cc single 2-stroke
- Horsepower: Not provided by manufacturer
- Torque: Not provided by manufacturer
- Wet Weight: 161 lbs (73 kg)
- Seat Height: 33.1 inches (840 mm)
- Kawasaki KX85
- KTM 85 SX 2-stroke
- Suzuki RM85
2021 Yamaha YZ85 Specifications
|Engine||85cc single 2-stroke|
|Power||Not provided by manufacturer|
|Bore x Stroke||
47.5mm x 47.8mm
Keihin® PWK28 carburetor